mistletoe什么意思(Okay, I'll give it a shot.好,那我试试吧)

时间:2024-12-14 10:30:23



For the residents of Wisteria Lane, the holiday season could only begin once the decorations came out. For some, that meant pulling out the colored lights. For others, it meant locating that holiday wreath. And then there were those eager to display their nativity scene. But for a romantic few, it was all about the mistletoe."

在紫藤郡人们的眼中,节日的氛围必须伴随着摆放各种装饰。布置各色彩灯,悬挂各类花环,还有陈列圣诞节布景。但对爱侣,不可或缺的便是槲寄生

Susan: "You have to kiss me. It's the law."

按照传统,你得亲亲我。

Ian: "While you're in a good mood, I thought I'd spring something on you. My parents are coming to town."

看你热情这么高,我来给你降降温。我父母这回要来。

Susan: "Your parents? Really?"

你父母,真的吗?

Ian: "And I wondered if you might be free to join us for dinner Saturday."

我想问问你,周六是否有空一起共进晚餐?

Susan: "Absolutely. So, I assume this means they know about me?"

当然。也就是说他们知道了我们之间的关系了。

Ian: "But of course."

当然了。

Susan: "And they know about me as in" (in a bad British accent) "Mum, Dad, bloody good news. I've got myself a smashing new girlfriend."

你是不是这样跟他们讲的,“爸爸,妈妈,有劲爆消息要宣布,我新交了一个活泼可爱的女友”

Ian: "That's adorable. Please don't do it in front of them."

你太可爱了。不过请别在我父母面前这么干。

Susan: "Right. So, um, do you want me to make reservations at that little French place?"

好吧,需要我到那家法国餐厅预定座位吗?

Ian: "We could do that, but it's a four-hour layover and they're going to be exhausted, and I thought we might have a more enjoyable time if they came here and you made dinner for them."

我原本也这么想。但考虑到他们只停留四个小时,外出折腾肯定会很累。所以干脆让他们过来,让你下厨,让大家多享受点欢乐时光。

Susan: "Okay, I guess it's time we have the conversation. Ian, haven't you ever wondered why I've never cooked for you?"

我想我们是时候谈谈了。伊恩,我从未给你下过厨,你不觉得奇怪吗?

Ian: "I just assumed that you were lazy."

我以为你比较懒。

Susan: "I wish. My cooking is not good."

不,我倒希望如此。我厨艺不佳。

Ian: "Well, my parents won't be expecting a gourmet meal."

没关系,我父母也没指望吃一顿饕餮盛宴。

Susan: "Will they be expecting stomach cramps, acid reflux, night sweats?"

那他们想感受一下胃痉挛吗,胃酸,还是盗汗吗?

Ian: "Come on, you can't be that bad."

别这么说,哪有那么糟。

Susan: "Is it really important that I make them a home-cooked meal?"

是不是非要我亲自下厨不可?

Ian: "Well, it's just that they're very old-fashioned hearth-and-home types, and they might wonder why you didn't make the effort. But it's okay. You'll win them over. Eventually."

主要是他们喜欢各种老式的自制家常菜。否则他们可能会问,你干嘛不努力尝试一下?不过没关系,他们会接受你的,迟早的事。

Susan: "Okay, I'll give it a shot."

好,那我试试吧。

Ian: "Thank you. Now nothing elaborate. Just a simple roast and, uh, and something appropriate to go with it."

谢谢你,其实不用太丰盛。做个简单的烤肉,外加几个配菜就可。

Susan: "Right...like an ambulance."

行,就像野战医院开饭。

槲寄生

  • mistletoe [ˈmɪslˌtəʊ]n.槲寄生(结白色小浆果,寄生于其他树木,常用于圣诞节装饰);
  • 在北欧神话中和平之神伯德(Balder)被邪息之神罗奇(Loki)以槲寄生所制成的箭射死,桷寄生是世上唯一可以伤害伯德的东西,伯德的母亲--爱神弗丽嘉(Frigga),得知后痛不欲生,于是她和众神想尽一切办法挽救伯德的生命,最后终于救活他.弗丽嘉非常感激,因此承诺无论谁站在槲寄生下,便赐给那个人一个亲吻.于是造成圣诞节槲寄生下的亲吻习俗.而且也将槲寄生象征的涵义:爱.和平与宽恕永远保存下来.。
  • 当圣诞节钟声响起的时候,在圣诞树下互相拥抱亲吻,彼此的情谊就能一直维持.无论是爱情还是友情.,现在人们把槲寄生放在屋顶,在房子里亲吻,就可以保佑全家人永远幸福快乐的生活在一起. 在槲寄生下亲吻是很吉祥的,传说在槲寄生下亲吻的情侣会厮守到永远!